Sunday 13 June 2010

Ye Olde Village Fayre

Oh, I do like a good village fete/fair (not sure what the difference is I'm afraid). I see that a number of bloggers have been posting about their visits to village fetes this weekend, and I am no exception.

We stayed in Surrey this weekend with friends and visited the Old Fair of Abinger. It was a close to idyllic afternoon: the sun was shining (mainly) and we let Junior and friend roam around at will while the grown ups had a civilised time chatting, strolling around the many stalls, partaking of ye olde cream tea (yes, for once, dear readers, the flask stayed at home) and the occasional drop of "medieval mead", watching the children's races and tug of war and enjoying the thrills and spills of a jousting tournament.







Joy of joys, there was a bric a brac stall to visit. How about that for devotion to duty? This is what I got: Another coffee pot (£1) to add to the collection:



Just thought I'd show you some of my collection of coffee jugs - the Meakin ones:



Some rather groovy table mats (20p):



Lastly, these glass bird paperweight lovelies. £3 for the two but worth every penny don't you think. They are Wedgwood glass and I'm very pleased with them.



Hope y'all had a great weekend and are looking forward to the week ahead.

19 comments:

  1. Hello, looks like you had a great stay in Surrey. Love the coffee pot. I am a great fan of them myself!

    izzycheekymonkey@google.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey, it's not every village fete that has the spectacle of jousting! I really love those coffee pots too- great collection xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a rather good fete
    have a good week
    cate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your coffee pots! We rarely get that kind of Scandinavian design here in Australia (except in high end Sacandinavian import antique shops) And a fete! It all sounds so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your collection of coffee pots there and your little glass birdies are very tweet! -(sorry couldnt help myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those coffee pots are delicious! I LURVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore those birds. They are gorgeous....and the pots - I have some of them too. How great are they. I've been using mine for a few G&T's in the summer! Nice little alternative in the warmer months!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really wish there was a village fair near us! Love your coffe pot collection, I have a 'thing' for coffee pots and tea pots, lol. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those coffee pots are fab - I love the elegant shape of them.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - what a collection you have!
    Stunning!
    And that fabric is gorgeous - really retro!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Loo, thanks for stopping by my little blog. Its nice to 'meet' like minded people.Enjoyed your blog, especially love your coffee pots!
    Be back for more!

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those coffee pots are killing me. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for popping over to see me! Enjoy your weekend away! Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like fun ! We went to our church fete but there was nothing as exciting as jousting. Your coffee pot was a great find to add to your collection.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for stopping by and oohhing and at my work! I'm LOVING those little birds of yours, they remind me of some my mum had when I was young....lovely memories, thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh...Noooo! I can't believe we missed it.
    We love the fair at Abinger.My sister lives in Surrey and she usually reminds me of the date,but she must have forgot.I got a bear on that bric-a-brac stall one year and named him Abinger...naturally!!
    Thanks for popping in and for your lovely comment.

    Bellaboo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! Your coffee pots are adorable! The one that is second from the right matches my tea set.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your coffee jugs are beautiful! I guess I haven't been paying attention as I don't remember seeing these before and suddenly I have noticed them in several places. But your collection is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omigod! I didn't think I'd ever be jealous of a teapot collection but your are just fabulous! I shall be on the hunt for something similar, and I love the glass birdies too, great finds!

    ReplyDelete