Monday 5 July 2010

Skippity doo dah

Hello one and all. Apologies in advance but I’m going to have a little moan. Here it is – brace yourselves.... There have been no jumbles for an absolute age nor have I bought anything from a charity shop for what seems like weeks and weeks. OK, there I’ve said it. Sorry, but it’s true. I know. I’m sulking. I can’t help it.

No wonder I’ve had to resort to eyeing up the local skips (dumpsters to you peeps from overseas). Yes folks, I’ve been skip raiding!! On my way to work this morning I passed by a skip and what caught my eye was a large picture frame which I thought, on closer inspection, would be the ideal frame for the cork board that I’m planning on making – once I’ve collected enough corks that is. Of course I couldn’t carry it to work with me but I sent Mr J and P out – oops I mean Mr J and P kindly volunteered - to swipe it this evening and here it is:



Ignore the picture which isn’t my cup of tea but look at the frame – it’s alright isn’t it? Admittedly, it’s a little er plastic but once I get my trusty can of spray paint to it, it will come up a treat.

I also managed to snaffle these 2 little oil paintings. I was drawn to the frames initially, but I’m now rather liking those paintings especially the Paris street scene.





All in all, I’m very pleased with my skip raiding activity - and at least I’ve stopped moaning.

Toodle pip everyone!.xx (Why am I talking like a mad eccentric? No, don’t answer that one).

P.S. I'll be posting my finds on Her Library Adventures and Apron Thrift Girl. Why don't you pop along and see what other bloggers have found in the past week.

11 comments:

  1. I going to moan now because I never see skips with pictures in, just old bits of roof or bricks in the one's here, must admit I do look though :)
    bye for now Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds! Here we call is Dumpster Diving. End of the month behind apartment complexes and in storage units are best. We used to be able to do it behind stores but now most of them keep things on lockdown.
    I am not much a flowery person, but I do like the first picture find. It looks very large though. You'll have to drink a lot of bottles to fill it with corks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its amazing what people throw away isnt it? I love all of the frames and their pictures but I think the plastic one painted will come up a treat! Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such lovely frames. I do love frames especially when they have had a makeover. I never find anything in skips. All that people around here ever put into skips is rubble.
    Hope you have a good week, much love.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - Dumpster diving and all! The frames are really nice. What color are you going to paint them? I really like the idea of using one of them as a cork board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I love car booting and getting a bargain- Iv joined your blog to see your updates I go to find fabric and come back with kids toys...oops! looking forward to seeing the finished corkboard http://drinkingfabric.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, just came across your blog. I live in France and one thing I miss is Charity shops, they just don't have them, come to think of it they don't seem to have skips either....
    It takes some getting used to - I can tell you!
    Nickyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for entering my giveaway! I love those frames....and from a skip, the bestest kind of find! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I like the frame and the pic of the flowers!!! I love a good jumble sale too but there dosen't seem that many about at the moment around here either...I love a bargain!
    Karenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Brilliant skip finds.I don't see many skips round here, but if I do they're filled with old bricks and rubbish.If I did take something, knowing my luck ,someone would shout 'put that BACK'! Those paintings are great and I imagine that frame is going to look fantastic after your makeover!

    Bellaboo :0)

    ReplyDelete