Thursday 17 June 2010

Crafty Corner

Oh we have been busy in the Jumbles and Pompoms household today. Firstly, Junior J and P has made this scarf:



Yes, really! Take a closer look:



She made it out of an old t-shirt dress. Do you want to know how? Well here's Little Miss J and P to tell you:

What you need:

. An old t-shirt or t-shirt dress
. A pair of fabric/sharp scissors


Step 1 Cut along an old t-shirt/dress side seam and cut off the sleeves so you can lay it out flat.

Step 2 Cut your t-shirt/dress into a triangle.

Step 3 Cut tassles into your fabric triangle along two sides.

Step 4 Tie the tassles together in pairs.

Step 5 ….And you’re done!


While Junior was busy tieing her tassles together I finished off my crocheted cushion with flower embellishment and here it is:



And here:



And here is a close-up of one square with its flower:



If you remember I based the cushion on Do you Mind if I Knit's beautiful sisterhood crochet blanket pattern here. Do check out her lovely blog and her very easy to follow tutorials perfect for dumbos like me. I did enjoy the crocheting experience but I have to say the sewing of the squares was a major chore for someone who is pretty hopeless at sewing. Next time I join squares together I think I'll try crocheting them together rather than sewing.

Right, my dears, that's enough creative activity for one day methinks. TTFN.

P.S. I'm going to attempt to post our creations on www.kootoyoo.com . Why don't you pop along and see what other crafty bloggers have been up to this week.

P.P.S. Also, take a look at the "At my House" post on Buttons by Lou Lou and have a nose at what other bloggers have been doing round the house this week.

7 comments:

  1. Oh your cushion is just gorgeous! Love the colours. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to your girls, very crafty with the scarf and LOVE the cushion, yes Im no fan of sewing squares together, you could join them as you go - (great tutorial on attic24.typepad.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an incredibly cool scarf! All her friends will be wanting one too now, very hip, very cool chick. And your cushion! It's GORGEOUS! Makes me want to make one myself this moment, I love it. Love Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely! I hope you don't have a dog (like I do) that eats your crafted pillows. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Missus Pompom... thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments. No time now to sit down and read yours, but I will be back. Very soon. Hasta la vista baby. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee grounds? Do you just spread them around? Are you sure they won't get cranked up on the caffiene and be the fastest snails EVER and reproduce 10X faster?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to have to learn how to crochet. I am seeing so many cool things around. Lovely to see you have a creative little girl as well.

    Thanks for joining in this week. Lou.

    ReplyDelete