And then not one but two awards from gorgeous Lakota from Faith, Hope and Charity Shopping:
Thank you guys, love you both!
1. I work with Florence Welch's mum (Florence as in Florence and the Machine)!
2. We have a family song! Yes, when I heard that neighbours of a friend of mine had a "family song" (namely "American Pie" by Don Mclean), I thought we ought to have one too. It is "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf. Not only did we all sing it once, en famile, at a karoke session at a friend's house (yes, Little Miss J and P is a fan!) but also, it's a personal favourite of Mr J and P and myself. It reminds us both of the time when we were in Thailand, many moons ago, and we hired a moped for a few days. Unfortunately, Mr J and P couldn't quite master the workings of the moped and we used to ride along the main roads at a heady 20 miles an hour, with our ridiculous peaked helmets (no-one wore helmets in Thailand as far as we could see) singing:
"Get your motor running,
Head out on the highway,
Looking for adventure
And whatever comes our way".
Here we are in all our helmeted glory:
3. I went to university with Eddie Izzard, cross-dressing comedian extraordinaire:
OK, I admit it, he wasn't a friend of mine but a friend of a friend but that's good enough for me. And, no, I don't remember seeing him in any girlie frocks.
4. A friend and I were once thrown out of a convent where we were staying in Munich, Germany, after a visit to the local brewery! Oops!
5. I've had a couple of near-death experiences in my time and one of those was when another friend and myself were nearly run over by a tram in Amsterdam. Mr J and P says it was a case of a coffee shop too far. I say we were simply looking the wrong way!
6. I was once mistaken for Sue Perkins (British comedienne) in my local Sainsburys.
I happened to be battling with a tantrumming two year old Little Miss J and P at the time which made it all the more embarassing and I thought the woman who was staring at me was going to comment on my dreadful parenting skills. Hell no! She was Sue Perkins' number one fan and thought I was she!
7. My friends and I like to pretend we are characters from Upstairs Downstairs (the original series). One friend is Mr Hudson, the butler, another is Mrs Bridges, the cook, and I'm Ruby, the scullery maid!
|As you can see, Ruby rocks...|
Now to pass on the awards (always so hard to choose):
Sunshine Award to:
Elizabeth at Making Good Use
Ofelia at My Intended Life
Emma at Sylvie's Garden
One Lovely Blog Award to:
Becky at Hazel and Blue
Justine at EmmaBearForEver
Sarah at Modern Country Style
Kreativ Blogger Award to:
Sarah at The Blueberry Patch
Lisa at Kandipandi's Pad