It's a beauty isn't it? I think I may like to turn into a cushion cover! What is it about my desire to turn perfectly decent items into cushion covers (see my previous post on the swimming costume debacle here)!
The "owls" in my very unimaginative post title refers to this kit I bought for Little Miss J and P for Xmas:
Alice Melvin's cut out and sew owl and owlets. Lookee here, cute huh?
Here is Little Miss J and P sewing up an owlet. My mum was a great and patient sewer. I'm a terrible and impatient sewer and I'm rather hoping that my mum's skills and patience has skipped a generation.
Little Miss J and P decided that she wanted to cuddle her owlet rather than have it as a glove puppet, so we stuffed it with small cut-up pieces of an old vest of hers and here's the finished product:
A close up:
Owlet is currently living in Little Miss J and P's pyjama pocket.
Stylish? Moi? Well, the lovely and talented Andrea from Fin and Gabs has passed on this "Stylish Blogger Award" to little old me:
How exciting! I now have to
1. I work in university administration.
2. I have lived in London all my life, apart from 3 glorious years when I lived in Sheffield (Yorkshire, Northern England for those of you who are overseas).
3. I studied Geography at University (in Sheffield).
4. I love music and listen to music virtually all day! We're lucky to be able to listen to the radio at work, Radio 6 Music is our preferred choice.
5. My three favourite films ever are: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane (I adore Bette Davies); Withnail and I (utterly hilarious portrayal of two out of work actors who leave their squalid flat in London for a holiday in the Lake District) and Grey Gardens, either the documentary or the film with Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange - both are equally fascinating, which is about the eccentric aunt and cousin of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
6. I love food and I spend a great deal of my time thinking about it and browsing through recipe books. Never been on a diet.
7. Having said I love looking through recipe books, I almost never bother with baking recipes because I hate baking. This is a sad and sorry photo indeed.
It is the birthday cake, Little Miss J and P baked for Grandpappy J and P some weeks ago now. Light, moist and fluffy, it is not. Rock hard and dry as a biscuit more like. However, slathered in Nutella and covered with smarties, it was suprisingly edible.
I now have to pass on the award to 15 bloggers. Well, I'd really like to pass it on to all those bloggers who read my blog. I'd love to hear 7 things about you all.
Toodle pip. xx