Monday 19 April 2010

My weekend

Weather-wise the weekend was definitely the best we've had this year. I even got sunburnt for goodness sake! Saturday morning went to a car boot sale. It was utter rubbish - tat city. Junior Jumbles and Pompoms managed to get loads of books. I got 2 LPs and I only got those because the stall holder was a parent from the school and I felt almost obliged to buy something. Mind you, his record collection was very good and very reminiscent of mine! Fancy selling his records though. I couldn't do that, they're part of my very being(!). I bought The Cramps "Psychedelic Jungle" which I had on cassette and It's the Monkees.

Saturday afternoon, we went for a long walk in a local country park followed by a rip roaring and rather rawcus evening at some friends. Needless to say Mr Jumbles and Pompoms and myself were feeling somewhat jaded on Sunday but we all managed to do a number of useful things around the house. Mr J and P put together the waterbutt (at long last I say, I mean "Hoorah! you clever man."). Just look at this piccy of him studying the instructions (this, may I add, is a rare happening, dear readers, Mr J and P NEVER reads instructions).



Another very rare event is the cleaning of the car - the outside this time (see previous post on cleaning the car). I promise not to document every time we clean the car but this, too, is another first in the J and P household. Here is Junior spongeing away merrily.



As for me, I flitted about tidying window boxes, washing down window sills and glueing broken plant pots together. No pics of me (thank goodness) - everyone far too busy.

Other homely events this weekend included the making of the rhubarb wine - it's fermenting beautifully in its bucket at the mo. This year, Mr J and P has already made blackberry and sloe wine, blackberry and elderberry and redcurrant wine. Crikey chaps, we're going to be awash with homemade booze.

Our first crop of mint for the year has also been picked. It always looks so lovely, green and bushy at this time of year and it smells heavenly (as opposed to later in the year when it gets a bit brown and spindly).



Well, ttfn.

STOP PRESS: Rhubarb jam and chutters (that's chutney, my dears) have also been made in the J and P household since the weekend. I think that's quite enough activity for now don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment