Monday 10 March 2014

Suffolk puffs on my jeans

I'm very much a jeans and t shirt kind of gal.  So recently, when both my favourite jeans (my 50p skinny jeans from a jumble and a pair of flares that I've had for ever) developed a few rips and holes, I was not a happy bunny.

I hate patching jeans.  In fact, I can't do it properly and it never lasts. But I'd seen this lovely hexagon flower patch here and was very tempted to try something like it:

Source

The only thing was that the big flower hexagon thing wouldn't have worked very well on the numerous little rips on my flared jeans.

I'd seen suffolk puffs being used to embellish cushion covers, bags and even tops but never jeans.  So I thought I'd give it a go.

Lots of instructions everywhere on the net and they are super-easy to do.  Super-easy is always good in my book.

I sewed them on the offending holes and rips and voila!

 

 






Little Miss J and P could not take a decent shot of my backside - too much camera shake (I can't think why):

This is best of a bad bunch
 
A less scarey shot of  my behind
 
Not sure how long they'll keep further rips and holes at bay but I think they look cute.  Practicality was never my strong point......  xx

34 comments:

  1. That's a really good idea! Just when they get really comfortable, jeans start to wear through so this is a clever way of stopping that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice arse, Loo!
    Suffolk puffs? I learn all sorts of things from other bloggers, never heard that name before, they sound like a biscuit or a cake! But they look so pretty, you did a great job. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, what a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very floral!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I made a Suffolk puff for the middle of a cushion cover I made for a Suffolk dwelling friend, they're very pretty :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. People would pay a lot of money for jeans like that!! M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great, I'll have to give the Suffolk puff a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone will be asking you now where you bought your designer jeans!! They look great.

    Best wishes from Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always had my jeans patched with hexagonal patchwork when I was little, quite the hippy toddler! I've never heard of Suffolk puffs, they sound like biscuits, but they look fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool, that is just my kind of way to craft. I have done dying jeans in the past to eek them out a bit longer. Those are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant idea, well done you for making something you love last a bit longer with a touch of creative flair.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute Loo (and the Suffolk Puffs!) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful idea!! looks gorgeous (mezz)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been wondering where to stick my yo yos... love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The things we put our daughters through!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love them! My bestest jeans have ripped at the knee. Perhaps I'll try this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun post and a very cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just brilliant!

    Thanks for calling in on me earlier xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh i do like a pair of jeans with patches. These are VERY posh patches! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking good Mrs J and P. Love your puff patched jeans! Can I copy? Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look really cute! We have some great vintage clothing in stock I think you would love :)
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Loo, Lovely to meet you and thanks so much for hopping over to my blog :) Love those jeans - I've been thinking of doing this for ages and ages, and now I am inspired! Sharon @ http://asaucystitch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very clever. The jeans look super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a great idea, looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lol! Bet your children thought the photo bit was great fun! Brilliant! I love this idea, they look so good, pretty and cheerful and different!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh so funny and very cute. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Made me laugh, they look great xxx

    ReplyDelete