Tuesday 16 March 2010

My attempts at crocheting

I'm learning to crochet and have decided to start on granny squares but not the full-blown granny square creation with lots of different colours and rounds. Oh no, that would be too scarey for a beginner like me. I've been crocheting the first round of a granny square rather like these little mini lovelies which Do You Mind if I Knit has put together so beautifully in this lovely scarf of hers here. Except... mine don't look very square...


Yes, almost perfectly round....And then there's this one...



And as for this...(brace yourselves):


After much trial and error, joy of joys, look at this! A vertible plethora of granny squares and, dare I say, they're square, more or less.



I'm going to try and make them into a cushion cover and will post the result when I'm done (which might be some time, so don't hold your breath). Wish me luck.



2 comments:

  1. Go for it girl. I can't wait to see the result. Looking forward to your next post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! Update me soon!

    ReplyDelete